Euston shooting: Man, 22, arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after ‘drive-by’ outside church

A drive-by shooting outside of a church near London’s Euston station has resulted in the arrest of a man.

On Saturday afternoon, a shooting occurred outside of St. Aloysius Church on Phoenix Road, injuring four women and two girls between the ages of seven and twelve.

After a vehicle was stopped in Cricklewood Lane, Barnet, just before 4 p.m. on Sunday, the Metropolitan Police reported that a 22-year-old man was taken into custody.

He is currently being held in custody.

A 48-year-old woman sustained potentially life-altering injuries, while the seven-year-old victim remains stable but in critical condition.

The 12-year-old was injured in the leg, but he has since been released from the hospital and is expected to recover completely.

After the incident, three women aged 21, 41, and 54 were also taken to the hospital, where their conditions were determined to not be life-threatening.


Shooting in Euston: As shots are fired outside the memorial service for Fr. Jeremy Trood in Euston, CCTV footage captures the scene of panic: Following the memorial service for the Euston Euston shooting, a priest describes the “drive-by” incident that occurred outside the church: From a moving car, the suspects fired a shotgun at mourners attending the funeral.
The Euston Shooting suspect may have taken off from a car around 1.30 p.m., according to London Police.

According to witnesses, the shots sent mourners fleeing and screaming, with many hiding inside the church.

Following a memorial service for Sara Sanchez, a 20-year-old girl, and Fresia Calderon, her mother, who had both passed away within a month of each other in November, the shooting occurred.

MyLondon reported that Ms. Calderon, her mother, passed away suddenly from a rare blood clot while arriving at Heathrow Airport from Colombia. Ms. Sanchez had lost her battle with leukemia.

At the time of the shooting, a memorial service was being held for Sara Sanchez (right) and Fresia Calderon, who both died in November and died within a month of each other. Father Jeremy Trood, the priest who gave the service before the shooting took place, described the scenes as “pandemonium.”

He told Sky News that shortly after mourners left the church to release doves outside, he heard a loud gunshot before people started rushing back inside.

The Metropolitan Police’s Superintendent Jack Rowlands characterized the incident as a “senseless act of violence.”

Sky News heard from those who attended the memorial service at the church on Phoenix Road that they are unsure of the cause of the incident.

People who knew the mother and daughter who died said that the people who were hurt in the incident were going to the funeral in their memory.

About tanver khan

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *